The Captiva Civic Association, Inc. (CCA) is a non-profit organization that has been serving the residents and visitors of Captiva Island since 1936. The CCA’s mission is to preserve the quality of life, ambiance, and environmental integrity of this unique barrier island community.
The CCA offers a variety of events, programs, and services to its members and the public, such as:
• Art exhibitions featuring local and regional artists in the CCA’s gallery.
• Wine tasting classes with curated wines and delicious hors d’oeuvres pairings.
• Educational presentations on topics such as Captiva’s history, wildlife, and culture.
• Social gatherings such as Porch and Patio parties, Holiday Art & Artisan Bazaar, and Spring Fling.
• Community outreach and support for local charities such as FISH of SanCap.
The CCA also operates the Captiva Civic Center, an historic building that serves as a venue for meetings, community events, and other special occasions, as well as housing the Captiva Memorial Library. The Civic Center is available for rent by CCA members, island nonprofits and other island organizations alike.
The CCA invites you to join them in celebrating and protecting the beauty and charm of Captiva Island. To learn more about the CCA, visit their website at https://ccacaptiva.org/ (https://ccacaptiva.org/) or call them at (239) 472-2111. You can also follow them on Facebook and Instagram for updates on their upcoming events and activities.
The CCA is grateful for the generous support of its sponsors, donors, volunteers, and members who make their work possible. Together, they are making a difference for Captiva Island and its future generations.
Pictured in the middle is Board Member Lisa Riordan and Executive Director Emily Ankerson