2020 Legislative Priorities
1. We support the long-term reauthorization and increased funding of Visit Florida
- a. Visit Florida will sunset in June if no action is taken
- b. Funding was decreased by 34% this year
- c. Our organization relies on Visit Florida coops and grants to stretch our marketing reach
2. We support developing policy to effectively deal with stormwater and wastewater pollution sources.
- a. Septic to sewer
- b. Sewer discharges
- c. Basin management
- d. Agricultural runoff
3. We support sustained funding levels to accomplish the EAA projects and objective of sending clean water South as quickly as possible and implementation of critical infrastructures projects north and south of Lake Okeechobee.
- a. Already accelerated by 18 months